‘Learning for Life.’
Welcome to our Remote Learning Page
Remote Learning at Stocksbridge Nursery Infant School
Please take a look at our Remote Learning Policy for detailed information:-
Take a look at some of the fun, exciting things that our children have been doing so far:-
In the event that an individual child (or children/class bubble) has to self-isolate or is unable to attend school other than through illness, through our Remote Learning Offer we will provide approximately 3 hours’ work each day, consisting of:
- Daily phonics (live teaching via Zoom Mon – Fri))
- Daily maths learning (live teaching via Zoom Mon-Fri – work to be uploaded to Seesaw or Evidence Me)
- Daily shared reading (live teaching via Zoom Mon- Fri))
- Reading 1:1 session (live teaching via Zoom once per week)
- 2-3 theme sessions over the week (History, Science, Geography, PSHE and RE)
- Daily Physical challenges (links on Home Learning grids)
- Mathletics/RM Easimaths – online maths activities using individual log ins
- Online reading opportunities using individual logins for ‘Teach your Monster to Read, Reading wise
- Home Learning planning grids and resources are sent out to families on eschools along with all of the lesson resources and any work, on the day that we are nitified of self-isolation. Home learning photographs are uploaded by parents to Seesaw (KS1) or Evidence Me (Reception)
If you would like some guidance on how you could organise your day then take a look at our ‘Suggested Timetable’ for KS1 – but remember it is only a suggestion!
Here are some useful links to support home learning:-
Oak Academy https://www.thenational.academy/
Free National government initiative featuring information for parents and video lessons/activities recorded by teachers
White Rose Maths https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/
Free daily ‘home learning’ lessons for Years 1-9. Every lesson comes with a short video showing you clearly and simply how to help your child complete the activity successfully (see links on Home learning planning)
BBC Bitesize https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/dailylessons
Daily lessons full of videos, quizzes and fun activities to help you with home learning.
Twinkl Home Learning hub https://www.twinkl.co.uk/home-learning-hub
Free, daily home learning activities – this includes crafts, lessons, games, puzzles and more, all designed by Twinkl’s qualified teachers
Oxford Owl https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/
A range of tablet friendly ebooks arranged in colour book bands.
Click on the year groups below to see detailed Home Learning planning grids for each year group.