‘Learning for Life.’
Welcome to our Remote Learning Page
Remote Learning at Stocksbridge Nursery Infant School
Please take a look at our Remote Learning Policy for detailed information:-
Take a look at some of the fun, exciting things that our children have been doing so far:-
In our Remote Learning Offer we will provide approximately 3 hours’ work each day, consisting of:
- Daily phonics (live teaching via Zoom Mon – Thurs))
- Daily maths learning (White Rose Maths/NRICH etc – work to be uploaded to Seesaw or Evidence Me)
- Daily shared reading (live teaching via Zoom Mon-Thurs))
- Reading 1:1 session (live teaching via Zoom once per week)
- 2-3 theme sessions over the week (History, Science, Geography, PSHE and RE)
- Daily Physical challenges (links on Home Learning grids)
- Mathletics – online maths activities using individual log ins
- Home Learning planning grids and resources are sent out to families each Sunday on eschools along with all of the lesson resources and any work/home learning photographs are uploaded by parents to Seesaw (KS1) or Evidence Me (Reception)
If you would like some guidance on how you could organise your day then take a look at our ‘Suggested Timetable’ for KS1 – but remember it is only a suggestion!
Here are some useful links to support home learning:-
Oak Academy https://www.thenational.academy/
Free National government initiative featuring information for parents and video lessons/activities recorded by teachers
White Rose Maths https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/
Free daily ‘home learning’ lessons for Years 1-9. Every lesson comes with a short video showing you clearly and simply how to help your child complete the activity successfully (see links on Home learning planning)
BBC Bitesize https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/dailylessons
Daily lessons full of videos, quizzes and fun activities to help you with home learning.
Twinkl Home Learning hub https://www.twinkl.co.uk/home-learning-hub
Free, daily home learning activities – this includes crafts, lessons, games, puzzles and more, all designed by Twinkl’s qualified teachers
Oxford Owl https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/
A range of tablet friendly ebooks arranged in colour book bands.
Click on the year groups below to see detailed Home Learning planning grids for each year group.