‘Learning for Life.’
Key Stage One
Over Key Stage One (KS1), in PE, the children will:
- Extend their agility, balance and coordination, individually and with others.
- Engage in competitive (both against self and against others) and co-operative physical activities.
By the end of KS1 a child who is attaining typically will be able to:
- Master basic movements including running, jumping, throwing and catching.
- Begin to apply balance, agility and co-ordination to a range of activities.
- Participate in team games, developing simple tactics for attacking and defending.
- Perform dances using simple movement patterns.
By the end of KS1 a child attaining typically will be able to understand and use the following vocabulary:
attack – agility – co-ordination – tactics – run – catch – accuracy – balance – defend – participation – throw – jump